Tuesday, September 1, 2009

August 30 Fluff in Cuffs


I finally found some time this morning to take my dogs to Sweet Woods for a walk down the horse trail and back along the single track mountain bike trails. I did today what I usually do with Fluffy. Once we are in the woods, I take her leash off because she is slow and she will listen to me. I know the signs say you must leash your dog, but the old girl can't keep up with Oslo. She usually meanders between 20 to 100 feet behind us. Then I tell Oslo to wait for Fluffy and he stops, turns around and watches her. Once she catches up, he takes off again. This morning on the trail I saw someone on a bike coming at us. I pulled Oslo off the trail and called Fluff off the trail. The guy started yelling "are those dogs on leashes". I told him the old one was harmless, come on through. He kept yelling about the leash so I put it on. It turns out he was a forest preserve cop on a mountain bike. He read me the riot act about fines and/or taking my dog or arresting me for not having my dog on a leash. It needs to be said I have respect for all officers of the law, even forest preserve police. But I have no respect for assholes. So I was torn. Should I tear into him about the old queens who cruise the parking lot at Sweet Woods looking for 10 minutes of love and drop the used condoms out their car windows, or how about the local kids who party at night in the woods (which really doesn't bother me) and leave the beer cans and other garbage in the forest (which does bother me). But I kept quiet at first, then asked if the forest preserve was ever going to empty the overflowing garbage can on the trail? I was told that's not my department that's maintenance. Typical bureaucrat!

1 comment:

  1. That's not my job........hear it all the time at work. Sad lazy MF's but I know Mr. Forest Ranger had let you know that's not his job.
    Auntie Marilyn

    ReplyDelete