Tuesday, September 8, 2009

September 7 This Is How You Do It


I read this amazing article about a pizzeria called Great Lake in Chicago. It started out as a labor of love for the couple that own it. They, like me, think most Chicago pizzas suck. So they opened a small artisan pizzeria. Then GQ magazine names it America's best pizza. There are now two hour waits for their pizzas. Instead of cashing in by expanding or franchising, the owners stay true to their original idea of creating a small, top quality, local pizzeria. I salute them and will have to break my dining out rule of not waiting more than one hour to eat. Read the article from the Chicago Tribune here. This picture of the owners was taken from the Chicago Tribune website. You can read the GQ article here. I've got a few pizzerias to try now.

No comments:

Post a Comment