Tuesday, September 15, 2009

September 13 Praying Mantis



I went bike riding today. It was one of the most perfect days we have had all summer long. Kimmie & I took the dogs to Bronnell Woods early in the morning. Then we biked for three and a half hours. We took the paved bike path to the single track trails on the south side of Jurgenson Woods. Then found this praying mantis on the sign at Sweet Woods. I rarely see this insect, so I snapped some shots as he climbed the sign. This creature is prehistoric looking. It made my day to see a praying mantis. The horse trail at Sweet Woods was closed for construction but since it was Sunday & no workers were around; we took the horse trail to the train tracks. Then we rode the single track trails through Brownell Woods, rode the streets to the north end of Jurgensen Woods and rode the horse trail back home. It was a great ride but I was very sore. I spent the afternoon doing a little praying myself.

1 comment:

  1. Great pic on the right - from that angle it looks like it could take over a small city!

    ReplyDelete