Sunday, August 30, 2009

August 29 A DJ's Dream Job


I DJ'd the wedding of Sandy & Andrew tonight. The ceremony was held outside so they had these fans made up to keep cool. The other side had the wedding ceremony program printed out. I thought it was a great idea. Unfortunately most people didn't take one because it was barely 60 degrees with a 25 MPH wind. Now some brides would be upset about these conditions. Not Sandy. I've known her for about 10 years and I have never seen her upset. She always has a big smile on her face. The reception was a blast. The dance floor was packed all night (a DJ's wet dream). It didn't matter what type of song I played, dance, oldie, country, rock, hip hop...everyone young & old danced to it. I had a great time (another DJ wet dream come true). The party was going so strong that the bar was extended to midnight. Andrew had about 10 pizzas delivered around 10pm. There were still about 150-200 people there at midnight dancing to my standard last song, Marvin Gaye's 'Let's Get It On'. I wish Sandy & Andrew all the best as they begin their lives together. I have a feeling these two will do just fine together.

No comments:

Post a Comment