Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September 1 A Friend Needs Help

I know the economy still sucks. I know everyone is just barely getting by. That is why I didn't complain when I couldn't reach my goal of $200 for the Friends Of The Park charity. A big thank you to those who did donate. Now I'm asking for money again. Not for me or one of my causes. Though I did donate $200 to this cause because it really does something good. My friend Mike Trakan, who also happens to be an excellent musician, is part of a Tutor/Mentoring program in the city of Chicago. This program finds kids in poverty stricken neighborhoods and tries to give them a chance for a better life. Most charities ask for money instead of time because more people are willing to give money than time. This charity could always use both, but they will run out of grant money soon and need money to continue. If you have the time to donate, great you can sign up to tutor/mentor. If you have a few dollars, please help them out. You always read crime stories about kids from the city's poor neighborhoods in the newspapers, here's your chance to turn around the life of a kid or two. Trust me you'll feel good about yourself at least for one day and this is a tax deductible donation. You can also read about Mike on my March 28th blog. Click here to read about this program and donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment