Monday, September 28, 2009

September 27 Fall, Football & Friends


It started out as a beautiful fall day here in Chicago. I took the dogs on a walk along a new trail through the woods that I found while walking on the paved path. I should have stayed on the path. After about 20 minutes I was going to turn around and head back but the trail appeared to loop back to the path so I continued onward. The trail just kind of ended but I could see a clearing just ahead so I bushwacked through the brush with the dogs. Fluffy came out covered from head to toe with burrs also known as stickers. Oslo had a bunch also. I spent two hours trying to remove all the stickers from them. Then Walter showed up with his dogs, Roxie & Lex. We watched the Bears game as Lex & Oslo play fought with each other for the entire first half. Even though Oslo has 100 pounds on the French Bulldog puppy. Lex kicked his ass. Then my former neighbor, Ryan stopped by to watch the second half of the game. Kimmie stopped by, fresh from dislocating her shoulder while riding her bike today, to eat the king crab legs I bought last night and steamed with garlic & sea salt. MMMMM, very tasty. The night ended with ESA warnings on my television about immediately seeking shelter from tornadoes spotted over the south suburbs of Chicago. No sooner had the scrolling message finished when my town's tornado siren went off. I went outside but never saw any funnel clouds. So no cool storm pictures, you get a nice picture of a red leaf I took today. Summer is gone, it's officially fall now.

No comments:

Post a Comment