Monday, September 28, 2009

September 26 Single Guy On Saturday Night



A week with the wife out of town...it's Saturday night... let's PAR-TAY. So what did I do, I went grocery shopping at 9:30pm. I did grab a couple of melons (in the produce section) and checked out the red snapper (at the seafood counter) but I ended up with crabs (Alaskan King Crab legs). That was the extent of my Saturday night partying. The picture is $147 of groceries. I put away the groceries, put on a pair of depends and went to bed with a warm glass of milk, my reading glasses and a good book. Getting old really sucks, why are the last years of your life called the golden years? The real golden years are from 20 to 35. As Denis Leary once said about the last years of your life, "those are the wheelchair, adult diaper, kidney dialysis fucking years, you can have those years."

4 comments:

  1. I would have been your date - still waiting for Cafe Borgia!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy, I don't feel like such a loser if it is true you had nothing to do on a Saturday night. Call anytime you want to eat at Café Borgia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha, ha!!!! That had me cracking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad my suffering amuses you.

    ReplyDelete