Sunday, April 19, 2009

April 17 People That You Meet

I've been DJing for over 10 years and I have met a few people that I really enjoyed hanging out with them. Tonight I DJ'd the wedding of Ryan & Michelle. I know them from DJing at Joltin Joe's in Steger. Michelle would always spend some time at the DJ booth bullshitting with me. She always seemed to be the only girl in her group of friends with Ryan and his buddies. One of Ryan's friends was his cousin Andy. Andy always made me laugh at the bar. He is a good kid, always seemed to be in a good mood. He had terrible taste in music 10 years ago. He always wanted to hear Huey Lewis and the News and he never seemed to be able to close the deal with the many women that would seem interested in him. Michelle once told me, "Andy doesn't have any game." I never could understand women. Here's a good looking guy, able to hold a conversation and doesn't pretend to be something he's not by "having game". Well, I saw Andy at the wedding too. Let's just say he showed up feeling no pain and without a date. He's done good for himself and he's about to get transferred from St. Louis to Baltimore. His taste in music has improved immensely. He kept asking for My Morning Jacket songs and kept telling me he could send me some good music. I had to laugh at that. Apparently those drunken nights at Joltin Joes when he wanted to hear Huey Lewis and me refusing to play it but played some good music for him, had sunk in after all. Too bad I had nothing to offer all those years ago about women, what the fuck do I know about girls hanging all over me. Andy did dance with cute girls all night and even managed to catch the garter which he wore the rest of the night as a headband. Maybe Andy would have discovered good music on his own (God knows I have some crappy music in my past) but I'd like to think I helped the kid out just a little down the right path. Good luck in Baltimore, Andy.

7 comments:

  1. wow your just like DR. phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey what about your blogs for fri and sat...

    ReplyDelete
  3. heard you were at the Hawks game. Good times. had fun at Reg's looked like the stadium was rocking in the third period

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't update the blog without leaving the house and doing something interesting enough to write about, ok forget interesting it really is a blog about nothing, kinda like Seinfeld

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greg the game was great...almost as good as this blog.....be nice to walter he is still upset you never brought him dinner like you did for reggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Walt's given up on me, he's moved on to Rick Voss now

    ReplyDelete
  7. God no what will pat and Randy do now more locker room drama...because of the hot canadian eh....

    ReplyDelete