Thursday, September 17, 2009

September 16 First To arrive

That is my hockey bag, sticks and the team's water bottles all alone in the locker room. I usually arrive early or first like tonight because I need time to get this old fucking body ready to play hockey. Even though I'm the first one to arrive, I'm usually one of the last to actually get on the ice for warm-ups. I don't know why this happens. I know I dress slow. I know I bullshit with the guys a lot. I also know I need as much time to stretch and warm up as anyone on the team. But somehow knowing all this, I still don't arrive early enough to get on the ice first. Anyway after losing 6-1 last week, we evened our record at 1-1 with a 8-0 win tonight. I got credit for 2 assists but I really only had one on Reg's goal that made it 4-0. Reg, Patty-O and new defenseman Justin had 2 goals each, Vinnie & Walt also scored. Jim McD had 3 assists. It was nice to win easily for a change. We haven't done that much lately. This fall league has some stacked teams, it should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment