Sunday, June 7, 2009

June 6 Let The Dominoes Fall


I took the dogs for an early morning walk along the single track bike trails at Jurgensen Woods. A couple of kids riding bikes came along tearing up the trail. At first I thought it would be cool to ride with them. Then I realized I wouldn't be able to keep up with them. Later in the day, I headed out to ride the trails but I needed a little energy boost. I grabbed the new Rancid CD for a punk rock blast of power. It worked great for me. I've loved Rancid ever since I saw them open for the Mighty, Mighty Bosstones in 1994. They have a good mix of punk and ska songs on their records. Rancid also follows that tried & true punk adage of writing songs with social & political overtones. The new CD has several great songs about the wars in Iraq & Afghanistan and the condition of our country right now. They also place blame where is should be placed and encourage the kids to do something about it. All themes that I love. It got me motivated for a good bike ride through the woods. I even attempted some of the narrow bridge crossings, made two, lost it on one. Nothing like a great punk song to get the blood boiling and a good bike ride to get the heart pumping that boiling blood. Thanks Rancid.

No comments:

Post a Comment