Saturday, June 20, 2009

June 19 No Exaggeration



I heard Seattle set a record of 19 straight days without rain. If they really miss it, I suggest they visit Chicago because it has rained here about 5 days a week for the past 3 months. The picture on the right is how the day started. Later another storm moved in from the west (picture on left). I watched that storm slowly come toward us while frantically trying to finish a job. It thundered and flashed lightning for over 30 minutes before unleashing the heaviest rainfall I have ever seen. At the peak of it, I was at a Speedway gas station working on a pump that was about 70 feet from the building. I could not see the building through the rain. The drive sloped downward away from the building, there was a river of water about 1.5" high flowing over my feet across the entire lot. After that storm passed, the temperature rose into the 90's with ungodly humidity. By the time I got home, another storm was ripping through with wind so strong I thought the trees which were swirling in a circular motion were going to be pulled from the ground. My female dog, Fluffy, gets so frantic during storms. After three hours of the evening storm I thought she was going to die. She was hyperventilating and just shaking violently. I actually put a paper bag over her head to try to calm her down. Thank God it all stopped by midnight. Fluff kept me up the night before with last night's storm. Tonight I might get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment