Saturday, June 6, 2009

June 4 $64 Pissed Away


Yes, these are unused tickets. Why? Because even though I asked for half a day off, my job fucked me again. I was asked to run one call. No big deal except it was to repair something I had never worked on before. I asked if I could put if off until the next day. That was not possible since the customer waited over 2 weeks for the part. So what's another day. Mark Buerhle is pitching and the minor league phenom Gordon Beckham is making his major league debut. Too bad. So I run the call. I get the part repaired by 10:30a, the game is at 1pm. I test it and the original problem is solved but now a new, unforseen problem is occurring. I trace it out to a defective check valve in the piping and we don't have the part. Now it is 12:30p, I'm in Joliet and covered in diesel. Fuck it, I missed the game. On the plus side, the Sox sucked and lost. Buerhle pitched poorly and the kid went hitless. I ran two more calls and worked until 7:30p.

1 comment:

  1. be glad your not a cubs fan its only been 100 + years

    ReplyDelete