Saturday, April 4, 2009

April 4 My Name Is Prince and I Am Funky

Actually my name isn't Prince and I am not funky.(see April 3 picture for example) But I am a big fan of the strange but extremely talented artist sometimes known as Prince. He is arguably one of the best musicians of the past 30 years. I think he is an amazing songwriter and guitar player. Stop rolling your eyes, I am not a Prince sycophant. I'll admit he has released some crap over the years and his concerts are frustratingly inconsistent. But when he is on his game, nobody is better. Sexy love songs, just plain sexy songs, funk, soul, guitar jams, pure pop songs, he can and has done them all to perfection. I listened to Prince's new CD today. He released a 3 CD set, LotusFlower and MPLSOUND are his discs. There is a third disc from his new protégé, Bria Valente. (I haven't played it yet). The Prince discs sound good. On a quick listen there are a few good jams, but this isn't a review of his new discs. It is about his proclamation on one of the songs that "I can't stand nobody cussing now that I'm clean". WHAT!!!! This from the man who wrote the following lyrics:






And U said - "I'm just a virgin and I'm on my way 2 be wed
But U're such a hunk so full of spunk, I'll give U..."
Head till U're burnin' up
Head till U get enough
Head till U're love is red
Head - love U till U're dead


In my daddy's car
It's U I really wanna drive


U let all my friends come over and eat
And U were so strange
U didn't have the decency 2 change the sheets


Do me, baby, like U never done before
Ooh, give it 2 me 'til I just can't take no more


If your man ain't no good
Come on over 2 my neighborhood
We can jump in the sack and I'll jack U off


Girl, U got an ass like I never seen, ow!
And the ride...
I say the ride is so smooth, U must be a limousine


I guess I must be dumb cuz U had a pocket full of horses
Trojan and some of them used


I guess I should've closed my eyes when U drove me 2 the place
Where your horses run free
Cuz I felt a little ill when I saw all the pictures
Of the jockeys that were there before me


I knew a girl named Nikki, I guess U could say she was a sex fiend
I met her in a hotel lobby masturbating with a magazine


Your face is jammin', your body's heck-a-slammin'
If your love is good, let's get 2 rammin' ... now


If I was your girlfriend, would U tell me?
Would U let me see U naked then?
Would U let me give U a bath?
Would U let me tickle U so hard U'd laugh and laugh
And would U, would U let me kiss U there
U know, down there where it counts
I'll do it so good, I swear I'll drink every ounce


Scope this, I was just thinkin'
U + me, what a ride
If u was thinkin' the same
We could continue outside (Gett off)
Lay your pretty body against a parkin' meter
Strip your dress down
Like I was strippin' a Peter Paul's Almond Joy
Lemme show u baby I'm a talented boy

Gett off - 23 positions in a 1 night stand
Gett off - I'll only call u after if u say I can

Gett off - let a woman be a woman and a man be a man
Gett off - I u want 2 baby here I am (Here I am)


The syncopated rhymes are at their peak
When you jumped on my D.I.C.K.


Come here baby, yeah
U sexy motherfucker
Come here baby, yeah
U sexy motherfucker


She was pure, every ounce
I was sure when her titties bounced
Every way she's a winner
Turn a gay preacher 2 a sinner
No one U want your mama meet
She's a peach


She can make U shoot your ego all over her sheets
All is hers in love and war, my little Scarlet Pussy


Fuck so pretty, U and me

Erotic City come alive
We could fuck until the dawn
Makin' love 'til cherry's gone
Erotic City, can't U see?
Fuck so pretty, U and me


Pussy got bank in her pockets
Before she got dick in her drawers
If brother didn't have good and plenty of his own
In love Pussy never did fall


I just wanna holler, scream, and shout
When U let your fingers do the walkin' in and out and all about



So excuse me, Mr. Clean Prince. It was lyrics like these that made me a fan. Sorry you decided it was wrong to write these songs, but I still love them. Does that make me less of a fan? Who knows. But the new songs do sound good. I would say this is good Prince and worth buying, even if you have to get it from Target. I could goof on Hypocrite Prince for conspiring with a big corporation but that's another blog all together and I have to go to bed.


8 comments:

  1. Greg real men dont listen to prince.... or get there picture with little cut cutouts in windows....unless its a hot chick...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Anonymous, what do real men do? Post comments anonymously? BTW, they weren't cutouts, they were painted on the window

    ReplyDelete
  3. how about working in the shop or garage....working on a car, motorcycle, building something maybe a little zz top guns and roses bruce nickelback ...oh i forgot your prob. in the kitchen bakeing a cake listening to prince ,or maybe even rod ha ah ha nut up greg real men dont do prince.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greg after being out in the garage today working on my bike i have been thinking.. i have been a pipfitter for over 25 years have worked on the alaskan pipeline in the gulf on a oil rig to the oil fields after desert storm and not once can i remember someone saying to turn up a prince song... maybe at a gay bath house.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. gay bath house comment see april 1st blog pic of Greg sitting on steps of gay bath house

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bill, I didn't know you worked on the Alaskan Pipeline. My guess is there weren't many women up there and an oil rig sounds like men only. Bill sounds like you've spent long periods of your life with only men. Don't worry Bill, it doesn't show...really you seem normal...keep repressing whatever gay incident scarred you so deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this blog thing is getting pretty gay...and actually greg there were alot of girls in alaska...but you were prob home reading cosmo....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greg just wanted to let you know that the cutest girls in alaska worked at a titty bar by the name of the moose nuckel...and you thaught jimmies was good.....GO SOX.....

    ReplyDelete