Wednesday, June 24, 2009

June 23 The White Skirts


Summer is finally here. The weather has warmed up. But the White Sox bats are still cold. Even though they play in a terrible division, I have officially given up on them. Once again, they were dead at the plate against a pitcher that let up 9 runs in his last 11 innings. Hiroki Kuroda made them look more like the White Skirts than the White Sox. I know the Dodgers are the best team record-wise in baseball. I know Kuroda has been a good pitcher in the past. But he has sucked lately. The limp bat White Skirts have made a lot of pitchers look like Cy Young this year. They have no heart, no passion and very few baseball skills. The Skirts only win if the pound out a bunch of home runs. They rarely get a clutch hit with guys in scoring position and they rank 25th out of 30 teams in team batting average. They are one of the worst fielding teams in the league, again 25th of 30. The pitching has been a bright spot but they seem to blow a lot of games in the late innings. I'll still go to the games I already have tickets for, but I can't waste my time watching a team that has shown me so little after 3 months of the season. As a fan, I reserve the right to jump back on the bandwagon if they somehow turn it around and get back in the race.

1 comment:

  1. greg im going to have to agree with you this once the sox looked like shit we had more fun messing with the strippers sorry dancers sitting by us

    ReplyDelete