Sunday, October 11, 2009

October 10 My Lumberjack Niece & My 3 Martini Flower Girl


I finally got around to trimming the bushes in the backyard. I also cut all the branches away from the power lines to the house. Then I cut the branches that were hanging over the garden from a tree along the back fence. I cut the bigger pieces of the branches to use as firewood. Since the town will send out a wood chipper for the branches, my niece Kristian helped drag the branches down the alley to the curb in the front yard. I gave her a pair of old jersey gloves that I had cut the worn out fingertips off. She loved the gloves and kept posing showing off her strong arms. We already had plans to meet Cindy, the flower girl from our wedding, at CafĂ© Borgia for dinner. So I took Kristian out with us because she loves Cindy and I owed her for helping me. Cindy is very good with little kids. She is the very cool Aunt to three nephews and two nieces. I told Cindy I didn't bring the camera because I already had my blog pictures of Kristian for today. She feigned disgust that Kristian got on the blog and she did not. But when the bill came, I saw Cindy had three martinis during our little dinner. I joked that the receipt would make the blog. So technically Cindy has made the blog today along with Kristian. 



Since Cindy busted me in the comment section, I will add a very funny story about dinner last night. Kristian brought along her purse which she keeps a pencil and a notepad. While waiting for our dinners, she wrote a note for each of us. As I was telling a story, she held up a new note for me, it said, " STOP TALKING!". Each time I started talking, Kristian would hold up that note. Cindy laughed so hard she almost spit out one of her three her pomegranate martinis...almost but not quite...she didn't want to spill a drop of those three martinis.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Greg! I notice you failed to mention the "stop talking" sign...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, I added the stop talking story. Happy now.

    ReplyDelete