Thursday, October 29, 2009

October 27 The Gaslight Anthem


It's been an extremely busy month for me. Which at my age and deteriorating physical condition means I'm fucking exhausted. But I did manage to drag my ass to the House Of Blues to see The Gaslight Anthem tonight. They put on a good show. Everyone, including me sang along to all of the songs. I always try to see the opening acts when I go to a concert. Tonight I missed the first band, but saw The Loved Ones and Murder By Death. The Loved Ones were good time rock and roll band, very similar to the headliners. I was impressed by their cover of Conor Oberst's "I Don't Wanna Die In A Hospital". Murder By Death really impressed me and it wasn't because the blonde female cello player was smoking hot. Well that helped but they had a cool punk country type of sound. Maybe not country more like 1950's rockabilly. No that doesn't seem like a good description either. How about Johnny Cash fronting a punk band with an electric cello player? Hell just check them out for yourself  here.

No comments:

Post a Comment