Sunday, October 11, 2009

October 11 Freezing Temps, Polar Girl, River Dogs, A Bleeding Heart & Roasted Marshmallows

Today was our first day below freezing this fall. I took Chrissy to O'hare Airport at 6:30 this morning and the temperature was 27 degrees. She is off to Churchill, Manitoba to be a lecturer on the Tundra Buggies. You can read about her in this Southtown Star article. Since I was at O'hare, I took the dogs to the Desplaines River Trail.

We walked through the woods and along the river for about an hour. Oslo, the Fanook, heard a strange bird call and just froze in his tracks. I kept saying, "Where's the bird?". He kept backing up towards me each time the bird called out. Eventually he sat right by my side, the fucking chickenshit.
On the way home, I stopped at the Bleeding Heart Bakery in Chicago.


I picked up some amazing cupcakes and a tart.

While the dogs slept the whole afternoon, I picked up a fire pit. Kristian & I put it together and roasted marshmallows in the 30 degree evening. The fire kept us warm and I still smell like smoke as I write this blog entry. I googled marshmallows, just to see how to spell it, and this is what I found. You gotta love the internet. That was my day. Hope you had a good Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Really... you found how to make a marshmallow bra just by googling marshmallows. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I believe you. I got it, too. :)

    ReplyDelete