Saturday, October 10, 2009

October 9 You Don't Know Shit From Shinola


When we bought this house, there was a room in the basement just full of old crap. As I went through it all, I kept a lot of the old tins, oil cans, coffee cans etc. They sat on a shelf in my tool room in the basement for years. A few years ago, I was cleaning the garage and decided to put all that old stuff on the ledge along the top of the garage. There was so much cool old stuff that it lines the entire garage. When I cleaned the garage recently, I noticed a Shinola Shoe Polish container. It made me laugh because recently I had heard the George Carlin bit about "You don't know shit from Shinola". He goes on to say I bet the Shinola people loved that saying. I had no idea what Shinola actually was and here's the answer right in my garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment