Tuesday, April 14, 2009

April 14 No "Life On Mars"

One day last summer, my Uncle Fred e-mailed this picture of Michael Imperioli. It was taken in the alley on his block in Queens, NY. The show's producer was going door to door looking for a house to shoot some scenes for an episode of a new show called "Life On Mars". They ended up using a house across the street from my Aunt & Uncle's place. The city cleaned up the surrounding streets and placed 'No Parking' signs for several blocks. The show shot the scenes over a couple of days and the cast was very accommodating to the local residents. When the show began in October, I started watching to see the episode shot in my Aunt's neighborhood. After that, I watched it because it was a good show. It's an American remake of a British show. (Apparently Americans are too stuck on reality shows to actually create a new show) The concept of Life On Mars was a cop in 2008 gets hit by a car and time travels back to 1973. The show detailed how different life in 1973 was compared to today. The music was also a highlight for me. Of course the show didn't do well in the ratings and was canceled. The networks wonder why no one watches their shows and yet they constantly cancel shows before anyone can get into them. This is another example of short sightedness in all of America's mass media. If it isn't an instant success, forget it and move on to the next thing. No wonder kids today all have ADD. The whole country is affected, why write a letter just text a bunch of abbreviations, why call someone just e-mail them, why go to a movie I can watch it on my I-Pod. Where does this all end? My guess is that it doesn't have a happy ending. And if that's true, Hollywood will have to change the ending so the Moron Culture of America will watch the movie version on their fucking I-pods.

2 comments: