Saturday, April 25, 2009

April 24 Summertime



Summer is finally here, at least for one day. It had to be 85 degrees today. The sun was shining and everyone had a smile on their face. Even though I got stuck in traffic on the Kennedy for an hour and a half, I didn't care one bit. Hell, I had time to take a picture of a billboard taunting Cub fans. The American Lung Association has a billboard near Addison Street which is the Wrigley Field exit that says "CUBS WIN WORLD SERIES" then below that is says "LIVE TO SEE IT". Of course I took that to mean, the Cubs aren't winning anytime soon so quit smoking, you'll need to live a long time to see a Cubs World Series victory. That made me laugh most of the way home. I spent the evening cleaning up the yard, cutting the grass and repairing our bikes. I replaced Chrissy's broken gear shifter and put new tires with puncture proof liners on my bike. Now I have to get my fat ass out on some single track through the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment