Saturday, March 14, 2009

March 14 La Mia Famiglia Italiana

Keeping with the Italian theme the past couple of days, here's a picture of my Italian Great-Great Grandparents. This is Giuseppe and Francesca. I've been researching my family tree for years. This is as far back as I go on the Italian side. They came to America on July 31, 1890 on the ship, Elysia. Their daughter, Giuseppina married Antonino here in New York. The family lore says that Giuseppe told Antonino not to marry his daughter because she could not cook. Antonino, who could cook, married her anyway. Everyone loved Antonino but most say that Giuseppina was strange at best. I bring this up because I'm hoping to complete a book with my family tree information by the end of the year. So I've been spending time on that and falling behind on this blog. No excuses though, just trying to justify my laziness I guess.

2 comments:

  1. about time two days with out any sleep again thanks.... keep up the good work greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bill, at least I know someone is reading this blog.

    ReplyDelete