Saturday, March 14, 2009

March 13 I'm Gonna Make Him A Sandwich He Can't Refuse

Another long day at work, didn't get a chance to eat lunch until after 5pm. Since I had a two hour drive home from my last job, I purposely took a route that passed through Lockport. Why, you ask? Because my favorite sandwich shop in all of the Chicagoland area is there. Genco's Italian Eatery makes the best sub sandwiches in the Chicago area. There is a Godfather movie theme to most of the subs. The "Underboss" is my personal favorite. If I remember correctly, the name Genco was the Godfather's Olive Oil business name. Forget the goofy mafia theme, the subs are fantastic. As any good sandwich, it starts with the bread then the meats and cheeses and finally the condiments. All used here are top notch. The olive oil makes the sandwich a bit messy to eat and drive but what's a little olive oil on my already gas & diesel covered work clothes. Try this place and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment