Monday, March 2, 2009

March 1 Sunday Brunch



Chrissy had the weekend off so we invited some friends for brunch at the Clubhouse in Oakbrook. This place really does brunch up right. The food is amazing from bananas foster french toast, the seafood raw bar, omelets made to order right in front of you, prime rib carved off the bone and a dessert table worth the cost of the entire brunch. Now I love good food as much as anyone, but spending time with good friends makes the meal something special. Today our group included Chrissy's Great Aunt Ann, always a joy to spend time with and not only because she hates George Bush as much as I do, Cindy, the flower girl from our wedding and her mom, who is like a mom to me, Mrs. Drescher, and my hockey teammate & frequent commentor on this blog Bill & his way too good for him wife, Vicki. Even though most at the table had never met, the conversations flowed across the table like old friends getting together. For those that know me well, this is a perfect day for me, good food, telling stories and great friends. A good time was had by all except Vicki was upset that 'Reg' couldn't make it so she brought along a picture of him she keeps in her purse. Like I said, she's way out of Bill's league so he can't say anything about her carrying another man's picture with her. Of course, Reg looks like a serial killer in that particular picture, so I'm sure Billy's too scared to say anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment