Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March 24 Happy Birthday Mom

Yes that is me in my mother's arms. Probably right after my Grandfather asked her if I still shit in my pants. Nine years ago, I had my mom's friends and family send me pictures and stories of my mom. I put them all together in a book. At first I thought it would be a nice little book with funny stories, but as the project went along I realized how special that book was becoming. I always knew I had a special person as my mother. What I learned was that everyone else felt the same way. It took me months to put that book together. When I finally sent it to my brother George (because he was going to post it online then give it to mom on her birthday), he said he couldn't believe how great the book turned out. I had him video tape my mom opening the gift so I could see her reaction. She was complaining about the camera but George said he had to tape it or I would kill him. She opened the book and began reading it, then shut the book and made Georgie turn off the camera. It is still online at my brother's site, you can check it out here. We never asked my dad to write something (only because he can not keep a secret). Years later he told us a funny story and as soon as he started my mom came down the stairs screaming at him to not tell that story. If you want to hear it, call me. She'd kill me for posting it online. Happy Birthday Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment