Tuesday, March 17, 2009

March 16 Strange Girl

Chrissy was off today and I only ran one call and the office had nothing else for me to do. So we took the dogs to the dog park. We were the only ones there at first, then it got crowded. Oslo's new friend, Butkus showed up. He is the Saint Bernard pictured on March 15th. Then more and more dogs filled the yard. It was a beautiful sunny day about 55 degrees. Afterwards, we had lunch at Miner Dunn Hamburgers. Great, I have to eat a shoe leather piece of meat they called French Dip since I gave up burgers and soda for Lent. It's about the only Catholic thing I ever do. Let's just say my parents baptized me Catholic and that was the extent of my religious upbringing. Actually, that is just fine with me but for some reason, I observe Lent. I guess I celebrate Easter and Christmas too, so what? Does this make me religious? Anyway today's blog is about a very strange girl I know. My wife, Chrissy. If you've never been to Miner Dunn, no matter what you order they also give you a small cup of orange sherbert. I have no idea why. Chrissy, and she's done this for as long as I've known her, dips her french fries into the sherbert. She uses the orange sherbert as a substitute for what normal people dip their fries in, ketchup. To be honest, I've done it too and it actually tastes good. So next time you are at Miner Dunn, try it.

1 comment:

  1. Having worked at Miner Dunn and having served countless little cups of sherbert - I will tell you that orange sherbert is actually a commonly used condiment for Miner Dunn fries!

    ReplyDelete