Wednesday, July 22, 2009

July 16 No Sleep Til Brooklyn, actually Queens



























Due to getting called out on an emergency page, I didn't get packed for our 6am flight until 1:30 in the morning. So 2 hours later I was awake and heading to the airport. We barely caught our flight to NYC. They closed the doors as soon as we got on the plane. A quick flight and a short cab ride later, we are relaxing at my Aunt Maryann's house. We spent the day catching up with her & my Uncle Freddie. We walked down the block for an Uncle Louie G's Italian ice at Barosa's. Then had lunch at the Shalamar Diner. We just wanted to get moving to stay awake. On the walk back, I had a slice of pizza at Tony's Pizzeria and Chrissy had another ice. God, I do love eating in NYC. When we got back, my Aunt was getting the peppers & onions ready for the sausages. I took some pictures down the alley behind their house while Chrissy took a cat nap on their back patio also called "The Cage" and Freddie BBQ'd the sausages. Did I mention how good the food is in NYC? Dead tired and somewhat full from a late lunch, I ate two sausage sandwiches for dinner. Early night so I could catch up on sleep, I have a lot more eating to squeeze into this short visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment