Sunday, July 26, 2009

July 26 Trust Jesus

Since it is Sunday, how about a little religion for you heathens. OK, I'll admit religion was not a big part of my upbringing. As a child, every time I heard God mentioned in my house, the word damn usually followed it. But I am intrigued by religion. Last night while walking from Comerica Park to Detroit's party neighborhood, Greektown, we passed this fan of Jesus Christ. He powered his guitar amp and keyboard with his car battery. This old burn out played rock 'n' roll songs about Jesus. Hell yes, it made me laugh at first. Later during a fantastic evening of food and conversation with Tom & Laurie, religion came up quite a bit. It turns out that even though they grew up with way more religion in their households, we viewed religion pretty much the same way. So while driving back to Chicago late last night I thought about religion. I am not anti religion, please feel free to worship to your favorite God. Just leave me out of it. I find that I like to think there is a God or some kind of higher power, but you'll never see me parked on a city street banging out 3 chord songs about Jesus Christ. I'll leave that for those like the guy pictured here.

1 comment:

  1. Check out the good person test at www.goodpersontest.com

    ReplyDelete