Sunday, July 12, 2009

July 11 L.A.T.E. Ride (Part One)





























I started my day with a 10 mile bike ride to Sweet Woods and back with my sister-in-law, Kimmie. After running errands, taking the dogs to the Wicker Park Dog Park and adding lights to my bike, I got some sleep before my ride tonight through Chicago. I arrived in Grant Park about 11pm for the Long After Twilight Ends Ride. I had 2.5 hours before my start time. I listened to the band play for awhile, then I decided to ride down to the Field Museum to take pictures. The night could not have been more perfect for a bike ride. Leaving the crowd behind, I only saw a few people down by the Museum Campus. I played around with the camera taking night shots of the city. I relaxed down at the water edge by the Shedd Aquarium. I biked back up to Grant Park along the lakeshore listening to the boats gently rocking in the water. It was very relaxing, damn, I could have fallen asleep on the grass right then and there. But I had to get my fat tired ass ready for a 25 mile ride.

1 comment:

  1. The FOTP people would like to do landfill of Lake Michigan for a bike trail. Please!?! Check out stopthelandfill.org

    ReplyDelete