Sunday, July 26, 2009

July 25 Road Trip To Detroit



























As a point of reference for today's blog I need to make something perfectly clear, I hate salesmen. In my world, they are totally & completely useless. Most salesmen I know are the equivalent of politicians when it comes to speaking the truth, except one who has been a friend of mine for 12 years now. This friend, Tom, invited me to Detroit to watch the White Sox play the Tigers. The teams were tied for first place coming into this weekend. Unfortunately the White Sox played so poorly they wouldn't have beaten the little sisters of the poor on Friday. They lost both games of a doubleheader. I'm thinking no problem as I drive the four hours to Motown, a win today brings them back to within 1 game of first place. It will also be the first time I actually meet Tom's wife, Laurie. Which will end a long running joke between us that she doesn't really exist. You see, Tom would mention her to me. Crazy stuff like they met at a funeral and started dating even though she lived in Minnesota and he lived in Ohio. Then he would e-mail pictures. I joked that he photoshopped the lady next to him into the picture. So it turns out Laurie does exist and all those crazy stories are true. We had such a great time with Tom & Laurie during the game and at dinner after the ballgame at Fishbones, a Cajun Restaurant in Greektown (don't ask me that paradox), that I almost forgot that the White Sox were one strike away from winning the game and found a way to lose...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment