Sunday, May 31, 2009

May 31 Time For Yourself






There are 24 hours in a day. Let's be honest, if you can do something you enjoy for 3 to 4 hours of that day, it's gonna be a good day. Today was a good day. My dogs & I met Jimmy & Debbie with their three boys at Chellberg Farm at the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. We spent about three hours hiking the trails and checking out the farm and the Bailly Homestead. It was a picture perfect day. The trails take you deep into the woods and through a prairie that makes it very easy to forget you are near a major metropolitan area. The boys posed as gargoyles at the Bailly House. Fluffy enjoyed cooling off in the Little Calumet River. We had deer running across the trails and saw a hawk flying above the trees. The day before I was on the trails with my dogs and saw an owl in a tree just off the trail. They say modern living has made life easier but I seem to enjoy life when I'm far from modern living. Sometimes you just have to spend a few hours doing nothing but walking through the woods to really enjoy life. I ended my day by biking the single track trails in Sweet Woods. Again just enjoying some time in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment