Thursday, May 21, 2009

May 19 My White Sox Buddy


I haven't paid any attention to the White Sox this season because of the Blackhawks exciting return to the playoffs. So I was conflicted about going to the Sox game tonight (I already had tix) because the Hawks were also playing in Detroit. Then my White Sox buddy, Patty came through for me. She said she had a walkman with a radio so I could listen to the Blackhawks and watch the Sox. Patty is my ex-sister-in-law but we've remained friends even though she is no longer family. Actually she is more like family now than when she was married to Chrissy's brother. She is a life long Sox and Hawks fan, so going to games with her is always fun. It turns out that the walkman is from the 1980's. It has a cassette tape player and an AM/FM radio. It also it the size of a small car battery. I had to buy another ticket just so I could use the seat next to me for the radio. It took about half way through the first period to figure out the switch settings for the volume but eventually I could hear the Hawks game loud and clear. Unfortunately the Hawks lost in OT but the Sox did win. The night would have been better the other way around. I know a picture of the walkman should also be posted but at the time I didn't know I was going to be writing about it. Also I didn't have a wide angle lens to get the whole thing in one shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment