Saturday, May 9, 2009

May 8 God, I Need Some Sleep


I'm on call this week. On Tuesday I got paged out for an emergency in Alsip, all the premiums were down. I got to bed at 2:30am. The next night I played hockey and got to bed at 1:30am. Yesterday I got paged out for a hit pump in Waukegan, then had to shut down sites in Homewood and Crete for overnight tank tests. I got to bed at 3am. Today I got home at 2pm and had just fallen asleep when I got paged out again. So off to Olympia Fields I go, get the diesel pumps going and decided to stop at Aurelio's in Homewood for a pizza. This is a local chain but Homewood is the original location and I believe it has an old brick pizza oven because they make the best pizzas there. They are celebrating their 50th year in business. I am a big supporter of locally owned businesses so I felt good supporting them. I also was falling asleep driving home and eating pizza. While driving through my neighborhood I saw three little girls posing on a picnic table while their mom took a picture. It made me smile then laugh. They were clowning around and I thought it would be a great picture that would make them smile years later when they thought back on that warm spring day. I got home and went to bed. It's always good to go to sleep with a smile on your face. I slept for twelve hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment