Sunday, May 10, 2009

May 10 Mother's Day

















It's Mother's Day so here is my tribute my mom pictured above with her boys. BTW, would it kill Jeff to smile. I know I can speak for my brothers in saying that we got extremely lucky in the mom lottery. She has always been there for the three of us, even after we got big enough to take the wooden spoon from her during a beating. She didn't raise any idiots, when she yelled give me back that spoon so I could beat you some more we always said no. Since I'm the only son that doesn't live near her, I'm the forgotten one. It's OK, I know deep down she stills loves me. And even though I tease and torture her, I thank God that she is my mom. I'm glad I have her sense of humor as proven in the picture below as she thanked me for a Christmas gift.














That's an Italian for you, always talking with her hands. I love you too Mom.






















I have other moms to thank on this day. They are moms to me because they have treated me like their son and I'm forever grateful. This is Mrs. Drescher who has looked after me for as long as I can remember. I carried her groceries out on a cold day without a hat back when I was a kid.
The next time I walked out into the parking lot she was standing there with a hat for me that she had just bought at the drug store. And for over 25 years now, my invitation to all the Drescher family gatherings has been implicit. So for that I say Happy Mothers Day, Mrs. Drescher.














Here I am with my Italian and Puerto Rican Aunts, Maryann & Nora. I have invited myself into their homes and have always been treated like a son. In Maryann's case, this has happened at least once a year sometimes as much as 5 times a year. I can't say how much I've enjoyed staying up with Maryann or Nora until late into the night talking about family and life. My mom taught me about the importance of family throughout my life. Maryann & Nora have also shown me that family bonds should never be broken and for that I wish them both a Happy Mother's Day. My Aunt Pat and Mother-In-Law Marsha (I have to make dinner and couldn't find a good picture of them right away) have also treated me like a son and I wish them a Happy Mother's day also.













That brings me to Mrs. D. , Phyllis Delgado. Besides my mom, she has had the biggest influence on me of all my 'moms'. And nothing that I write here could express my gratitude properly. She really has taught me a lot about how to live my life by allowing me to be in her life and witness firsthand the right way to live. For that I say, Happy Mother's Day, Mrs. D.

No comments:

Post a Comment