Monday, August 3, 2009

August 3 Random Thoughts...Again


My SAD is becoming a real problem, cloudy rainy day again. I am losing my will to live...I thought about calling today's post "The Year Without Summer" kind of like the cartoon, "The Year Without Santa Claus".... the big difference is Summer really does exists...doesn't it...I hear the Cash for Clunkers government program is so popular that it will run out of money by Friday...maybe there is a lesson to be learned here...if the government keeps handing out money at what point will it run out of money and no longer exist...that could be a great day...I found another cool blog called Bowery Boogie...it chronicles the slow disappearance of the Lower East Side of Manhattan as it once existed...this neighborhood was home to all my ancestors at different times from the 1850's until the 1950's...the German, the Irish and the Italians all lived here over the years...I read with great sadness that Guss' Pickles is leaving Orchard Street...you can't say you've had a real pickle unless the owner pulls one from the barrel for you to eat...Mayor Daley says the city has the billions of dollars needed to put on the 2016 Olympics...really Mr. Mayor...then why did I have to wait 15 minutes on the packed 35th Street subway platform for a train after Saturday's Sox game...couldn't the city afford to run a few extra trains to handle the crowds...actually it was time well spent...I taunted Yankee fans who looked like they had lost the will to live...go ahead and jump, the third rail is less than 10 feet away...I'm going to bed...good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment