Monday, November 30, 2009

November 28 A Beautuful Day


We took the dogs to the Indiana Dunes State Park this morning. It started as a chilly morning but quickly warmed up with lots of blue sky and sunshine. Because I missed a cut off on the trail our 4 mile hike turned into an 8 mile hike. The dogs didn't seem to mind, even the old girl Fluffy had no problem spending hours in the woods and on the sand dunes. Then I met Patty for a tour of the Puerto Rican neighborhood of Humboldt Park (see tomorrow's blog for that story). Back down & up the Dan Ryan expressway to pick up Chrissy for dinner with Debbie & George at Pasha. A very long time ago, Deb & I began treating each other to dinner for our birthdays. Tonight it was to celebrate my birthday. Since Debbie lives in the city, she picks the restaurant and as usual she picked another good one. We decided to split the dinners between the four of us which allowed us to sample more of the menu. It was very good. I even ate the rice dishes which is a big break from the norm for me. After dinner we decided to pose for a picture to help decide who has the biggest head. It was clearly me. I also won the who has the most chins competition. Lucky me.


No comments:

Post a Comment