Thursday, November 19, 2009

November 18 I Love My Paycheck

My friend Debbie once told me that on a bad day at work she would e-mail her boyfriend the message "I hate my job!". And George would reply back "But you love your paycheck". That is how I feel today. I finally got some sleep last night. I worked eight and a half hours today. OK that's cool. But I have to worked again tonight. So I get home at 4pm and try to get some sleep. No luck. Back to work I go.
                       I have to shut down a Speedway station and run line and tank tests.

Once the tests start running, there isn't much for me to do. So I organize my truck, read product service bulletins I have long ignored, try to stay awake, play solitaire on my computer, drink gallon size cups of Pepsi, stare at this sign in front of my truck, listen to Raw Dog Comedy on Sirius satellite radio. I work from 9:30pm until 4:30am. Now I have no problem falling asleep but I completely lost three days this week thanks to my job. But, like my friend Debbie, I do love my paycheck.

No comments:

Post a Comment