Saturday, November 7, 2009

November 5 World Champions

AP Photo
Congratulations to baseball's most famous franchise, the New York Yankees. I have mixed emotions about the Yankees winning the World Series. As a kid I loved the Yankees of the late 70's, Nettles, Munson, Jackson, Guidry, Randolph etc. But over the years I became more of a Mets fan because cheering for the Yankees became like cheering for big corporations. They had all the money, fame and prestige so when they crush the other teams it is almost like rooting for your own demise. I know they haven't won in 10 years. The Cubs haven't won in 101 years and this might sound hypocritical but I don't cheer for them either. I am not sure what I'm trying to say here so I'll just congratulate the 2009 World Series Champion New York Yankees. Note to MLB, figure out a way to end the world series in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment