Thursday, December 3, 2009

November 30 Roxy Update

We have had Roxy for 3 weeks now. She is still looking for a permanent home. She is adjusting very well to her new foster home and apparently a new set of rules. For example, Roxy is not allowed on the couch here, the beds are OK, but not the couch. She has decided the couch is OK for her but she is learning. She has mellowed a bit when the food bowls are out. She no longer growls when Oslo or Fluff try to eat. She needs to lose about 25 pounds and she seems to think anything within her reach is food for her. She is learning that is not true and will stop begging and lay down when told to do so. She loves car rides and walks. She runs straight to the car whenever I ask "Want to go for a ride?". This she might have learned from Fluff & Oslo. She & Oslo have some furniture moving play fights which means she is getting used to having other dogs around her. They run from room to room, up & down stairs chasing each other and wrestling each other to the ground. But this picture is something she has done since her first night with us. I have a 130 pound dog sleeping on me or right next to me with her head on my chest every night. She moves after 15 or 20 minutes, but she snores like a freight train. I think if I fall asleep first, my snoring bothers her and she moves away.


Hey, how can you resist this face?



No comments:

Post a Comment