Wednesday, December 16, 2009

December 12 Hanging Out With My Brother

It rained all day long. I only mention it because it pretty much meant that no one goes outside. I went down to the beach, it was deserted.


I did a little Christmas shopping in downtown Huntington Beach. Ghost town. I finally got a hold of my brother, George. We went to Newport Beach to check on DJ job he has this week on a ship. Then we had lunch at a NYC style pizza place and did some shopping along the Newport Beach shoreline. Afterward George, Marcy & I headed to LA for dinner at the Farmer's Market and the Todd Snider concert at the El Rey Theatre. They had never even heard of the Farmer's Market. Geo thought they just sold cucumbers and tomatoes. We started with a pitcher of beer, just to start the night off right.

Then had some raw oysters and Cajun shrimp.


While searching for more food, we found this group in one of the bars. They were singing Christmas carols. We saw them perform the "12 Days of Christmas". Each person had to sing the line for their day. It was lively and very entertaining. The whole bar would sing "5 Golden Rings" each time. We gave them a standing ovation. I'll have to admit if I hadn't stumbled across this scene, I would not have been able to tell it was Christmas time here in LA.

Here's a picture of Georgie & I entertaining ourselves by a classic old sign for the Farmer's Market while waiting for Marcy outside the bathrooms.





Geo & I split a Philly Cheesesteak at Phil's Deli. Then this happened. Don't ask me what is going on here because I am not sure myself. After I took this picture I walked away and acted like I was not with them.


After eating some beignets from the Gumbo Pot. We got ready for the Todd Snider concert.

Oh relax, it's just the powered sugar from the beignets. The concert was great. It was just Todd & his guitar playing his songs and entertaining the crowd with his stories. He even took requests for the second half of the show. A good time was had by all.    

No comments:

Post a Comment