Wednesday, December 16, 2009

December 11 ...Tis The Season


I think the true spirit of Christmas is lost in modern day translation. I offer today as an example. I spent the day with a lady that has treated me like family since I was a kid. I have referred to her as a second mother to me over the years. She will always Mrs. D to me. We spent the day doing some work around her house today. It didn't even seem like work to me. It was spending time with a close friend that I do not see as often as I should. We spent several hours together just talking and working here & there. We had to run out to pick up some electrical outlets and Mrs. D insisted on treating at her favorite local hamburger stand. I did drop off a Christmas gift of chocolates and Mrs. D gave me a couple of shirts and a mat cutter. Now I am grateful for the gifts but the best gift was spending time with someone I love that I do not see often enough. That, to me, is the true spirit of the season.


1 comment:

  1. this made me tear up. you are a a fricken good man, Greggory Glen Ross. I love my mama so much--thank you for loving her, too.
    kathy d

    ReplyDelete