Saturday, January 31, 2009

January 31 My Ski Buddy


A perfect winter day. 35 degrees, sunny, light winds. Skiing at Devil's Head in Wisconsin. Walt and I planned this trip all week. On Thursday night during our hockey game, I decided to use my head to break my fall backwards into the boards. Slighty concussed and barely able to turn my head, we drove to Wisconsin at 6:30am. It really was a great day of skiing. The usual talk about politics, music and women. Of course there were several comments that made me laugh. Walt listens to music on his Iphone while skiing. This causes him to speak a bit too loud on the ski lifts. As we are discussing which run to take back down, I decide against going down the moguls. He asks "are you afraid I'm going to blow you"....then he starts fiddling with his Iphone and never finishes the sentence, which I assume will end with "away". I start laughing and reply "I never thought of you in that way". Later, also on the lift, we are discussing hockey defense. Walt says "he prefers a man on man style", then just starts laughing in mid sentence. Finally in the parking lot, I'm removing my ski boots and ski pants and I look across the truck and Walt has his pants down with his balls swinging in the wind. I had my camera out taking possible pictures for this blog and suggest I make that the picture of the day. I also said jokingly the only one who would recognize them would be his linemate, Reg (see Jan 29th post). And Walt replies "No! Lots of guys would recognize them!" I fell out of the truck laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment