Saturday, September 21, 2013

August 31, 2013 Relaxing at the Portage Lakefront with my cousins, Karen & Ken

Before I get started, yes that is a person with a surfboard on a beach at Lake Michigan...and right above him is a flying pig but I missed that picture. Now...

...here's Chrissy with my cousin Karen and her husband Ken. Karen flew to Detroit, where Ken is working, then they drove to Chicago to visit us.


We enjoyed a relaxing walk along the beach at the Portage Lakefront & River Walk. This area was part of the local steel mill property but was converted to public beach by the National Parks as part of the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore.


Can you tell which one is my cousin? Could it be the one carrying a camera and sticking her tongue out like the smartass punk that I am too.

Chrissy on the beach with a setting sun lighting her up.







 
 
After the beach, we had dinner at the Warsaw Inn. This was Karen's choice because she remembers eating there 25 years ago before my wedding.

Then it was ice cream at Gayetys.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment