Saturday, January 22, 2022

January 8, 2022 Part 2 - Southside Murals

 

Since the sunny morning at Calumet Park quickly turned cloudy, I decided to stop at nearby Nine 3 Studios. I had recently read about Roman Villarreal and his art studio at 93rd & South Chicago Avenue.  I also knew there were several murals nearby that would be easier to photograph on a cloudy day...fewer issues with shadows. It was early on a Saturday morning and the studio was closed. So I walked around the block and took pictures of the street art. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. Most of these murals were on the concrete of the raised railroad tracks and the street underpasses.












This one fascinated me. I spent some time trying to connect the images. I failed but still love the mural.

I loved this self-promotion.

I'm not a religious person but I love religious imagery.


The Red Squid Squad Meeting of Styles 2019

This must be the aforementioned Red Squid




This area is on the South East side of Chicago.






The north side of Nine 3 Studios building.














"Make the love
Paint the picture
write the song" - Slug

















No comments:

Post a Comment