Monday, February 21, 2022

January 19, 2022 The Dogs Go To Dunbar Beach Without Me

 

This was one of the rare times I didn't feel like going outside. I was content to relax in my warm house and get some work done at the house. Then Yeti & Nola started to give me that "let's go somewhere" look. After a couple of hours of relentless nudges and stares, they wore me down. So I gave them the car keys and said drive yourselves to the beach. I'm told Yeti drove and Nola took most of the pictures. Amazingly my car made it back in the same condition it left in. 

Nola made Yeti pose on the staircase down to Dunbar  Beach.

Once they were on the beach, they looked east...


...then looked north.

Yeti ignored the warnings about walking on the shelf ice and Nola told him "I'm not saving your dumb ass if you fall into the lake.

Nola loved the contrast between the white ice, brown sand, and dark sky. 

She really seems to love the scenic views along the shoreline.

They walked east toward Lake View Beach past the new steel wall put in to protect the 1933 Chicago World's Fair Century of Progress homes.

I asked Nola why Yeti isn't in any of the pictures?

She said he wasn't as interesting as the dark clouds over the lake.

As they walked East, they passed what is left of the sand dunes along Lake Front Drive in Beverly Shores.

Nola's fascination with ice on the shore and the sky over the lake continues.


She wouldn't let Yeti pee on this sand-covered ice until after she took this picture.

Yeti was getting tired of all the dark cloud pictures...

...and took a picture of Nola on the ice.

Then he posed for this photo that he plans on using for his Doggie Tinder app.

I told Nola I love this picture because it looks like an ice trail along the beach.

The drainage ditch is still flowing into the lake. Nola had to tell Yeti several times not to drink that water.

But Nola still fixated on the wonderful contrast of the sky over the lake and the beach.

They finally got tired and headed back to the car.

But Nola kept finding interesting photo opportunities along the way.

When I asked how she took this selfie...she just said TailCam and timer.

Nola took this one for Christy because she loves black sand beaches.

When I asked about this one. Nola said listen Fat Boy, I'm not telling you all my photography tricks.

Nola took these photos...

...while Yeti warmed up the car for her.







No comments:

Post a Comment