Friday, August 2, 2013

June 21, 2013 Home Sweet "Home"

I worked almost 90 hours from last Friday until this Friday morning. I got up at 3am to catch a 6am flight to the place I still call home, New York City. I love this place for many reasons and today's simple little blog is one of them. We arrived at my Aunt Maryann's and Uncle Freddie's house before 11am. We weren't out of the taxi for 5 minutes and my Aunt is serving us food. Sandwiches, fresh cold cuts with tomatoes and peppers, soda...wine if you 'd like, cakes, chocolates, fresh fruit. If you didn't eat something, the offers would never stop. So I ate a little of everything. The excitement of being home kept me going until about 3pm. We  were sitting outside on a perfect summer day, Chrissy on a chair in the sun, Fred & Maryann sitting in the shade and me on the stoop. We were catching up, telling stories, laughing at and with each other. It was exactly what I needed today. I needed to relax, enjoy a beautiful summer day with absolutely nothing to do and spend time with my family.




Smiles everywhere I looked.

The gnome and I hung out on the stoop until I couldn't stay awake any longer. So I grabbed a late afternoon nap in the basement. When I woke up, I was treated to a plate of pasta and veal parmigiana from my favorite place to eat in NYC, my Aunt Maryann's kitchen.

Life is good.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment