Wednesday, February 2, 2011

February 2, 2011 Storm Of The Century Part Two

6:38am Lansing, IL

 6:42am Lansing, IL

All through the night, the wind roared like a freight train. It was pretty cool to hear such a storm, especially since we didn't have any damage. This is what I woke up to this morning. About 15 inches of snow with 3-4 foot drifts. Since I might be called into work today, I had to clear the alley for the second time in less than 12 hours. At the time it was pointless because the street had not been plowed yet and was impassable. It wasn't snowing much by 8am. Maybe we got off easy. I went back to sleep.
2:01pm Lansing, IL

Fluffy is pissed off, her look says " where did all this fucking snow come from? How is an old girl suppose to walk through these 4 foot drifts?"  While I slept, the blizzard came back with giant snowflakes and strong winds. Once again, it looked liked we never shoveled the alley.

2:13pm Lansing, IL

Oslo & Roxie playing where there is hardly any snow. Fluff still pissed off. I thought the dogs would love all the snow but they would not venture through the yard until I made a path through the drifts. Spoiled dogs.
2:15pm Lansing, IL
2:16pm Lansing, IL

I had to call Oslo before he would run through the yard. If you've read this blog, you know we call him The Fanook. Here's yet another reason why he has that nickname.

2:17pm Lansing, IL

The rest are pictures I took in the late afternoon. It seems like the snow has finally stopped and the wind has slowed to 10-20MPH. Now the arctic air is coming. Tonight the temperature will drop to -7 degrees with -30 degrees wind chill. Nice one-two punch from Mother Nature.














No comments:

Post a Comment