Thursday, April 20, 2023

April 9, 2023 The Arizona Sonora Desert Museum and Saguaro National Park with my Cousins


Christy and I drove down to Tucson on Easter morning to spend the day with my cousins Karen and Ken. We met at the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum and walked around for a few hours and enjoyed a tasty lunch at their Ocotillo Cafe. 

I've loved the desert since I first visited Tucson many years ago when Christy had a zoo conference here. 



There is something about walking through the desert with so many different and strange-looking plants compared to where I've lived all my life. 

There is also so much beauty out here if you find time to hike in the desert.

My cousins Karen & Ken, the last time I saw them we were in Alaska ten years ago.

We were lucky the cactus flowers were blooming.




I'm always surprised by how colorful the desert can be.

The Fairy Duster


Bonker Hedgehog and Glory of Texas Cacti




Then we went across the street to Saguaro National Park and walked along the Kings Canyon Trail and drove along the scenic McCain Loop Road where we stopped to take pictures of the beautiful desert all around us.

Christy and I like taking pictures of the national park signs. 










I have to stop being the one taking the selfies, my giant head and multiple chins blocked half the huge sign behind me. At least I gave Christy and Karen something to laugh about. We all agreed we have to get together sooner than 2033. Thanks for a great day out in the desert K&K.

No comments:

Post a Comment