Friday, April 27, 2018

April 26, 2018 A Sunset Walk at Marquette Park Beach


Since it was such a beautiful spring day, we decided to take the dogs to the beach and watch the sunset. We were on our way to the dunes when I-94 came to a screeching halt...road construction season has begun. We rerouted to Marquette Park in Gary. The two girls, Nola & Chrissy were way ahead of us right away.

The Aquatorium from one of the trails from the parking lot to the beach.


Oslo and I like to take our time on these relaxing hikes. He smells and pees on everything....I take pictures...and pee on everything.

We have a great sky tonight, should be a nice sunset.

Looking east...

...and walking west.

 A dog and her girl.

The last time I saw this lifeguard chair it was getting pounded by the stormy surf. I was surprised to see it was still here...battered and broken but still standing.

"Everyone walk to the light"

A perfect night to walk along the calming shore of Lake Michigan.

I've been battling spring allergies for the past week, but I felt fine walking along the beach tonight.

We found some drift wood and sat down to relax, enjoy the colors and soak in the sounds of the water slowly rolling onto the shore, birds singing, the dune grass softly rustling behind us.

I am pretty sure Oslo was  doing the same thing and also enjoying the cool breeze blowing off the 41 degree waters of Lake Michigan.

While sitting here, this song was in my head.
"I still dream of the Lake of peacefulness
The warm summer breeze
Cause my life was so much simpler then
Street corners and Tastee Freeze" 
- 'Take Me Back To Chicago' by Chicago

I call this one...The Sun Shining On Nola's Ass.

My parents passed their love of the beach to me and I passed my love of the beach onto my dogs.

Even Nola found the peaceful easy feeling on the beach tonight.

Oslo always with the big dog smile when he's outside hiking somewhere.

This wonderful ball of fire...

...lighting up the beach with an orange glow and very long shadows. I told Chrissy if I was really this tall I would be at my perfect weight.

This is a great sunset or a nuclear explosion. Either way, this was still a wonderful way to end our day.

I couldn't stop taking pictures as we headed from Lake Street Beach...
...back to Marquette Park Beach. 



Sometimes last minute plans work out even better than expected. This was one of those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment