Tuesday, September 6, 2011

August 29, 2011 So Proud

Ricobene's,  Bridgeport, Chicago


This is Cindy. She is the little sister of one of my best friends. Whenever Chrissy and I felt like having a kid around we would take her with us. She was the flowergirl at my wedding. She is about to devour a Chicken Vesuvio sandwich at Ricobene's. She is one of the few kids I've have spent time with since they were babies. So why am I so proud of her. Is it because she has turned out to be a fine young woman? Is it because she developed a love of Chicago because we took her to the city as a kid? Is it because she graduated from college and currently has a job with a local United States congressman? Of course it is all of that, but not tonight. I'm so proud of her because after splitting a chicken vesuvio with me after a White Sox game, she decided she couldn't wait until she got home and ate her carry out chicken vesuvio sandwich. I'm so proud that my love of good food was passed on to her. Unfortunately, hearing my smartass comments while growing up has made her pretty good at that too. So I'd be a hypocrite if I wasn't proud of the few good sarcastic remarks she directed at me. Well done Cindy.

No comments:

Post a Comment