Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 16, 2011 My 'Summer In The City'

 
 I took my own advice from yesterday's blog and spent a day in the city. It started out at my favorite Farmer's Market in Chicago, the Green City Market in Lincoln Park. They are having a great fundraiser event July 21st. Check it out here.








 I always tip the street performers, especially if they play my favorites...Johnny Cash's "Ring Of Fire" and Lyle Lovett's "If I Had A Boat". Thank you very much.
After spending some time at home doing the usual Saturday house work, it was back into the city for a night out with my good friend...
...no not Jesus we are just casual acquaintances...my good friend Debbie. But she did take me to church. A Catholic church. She was kind enough to tolerate me during an hour long mass but wouldn't let me take pictures inside. I am fascinated by religious statues and stained glass murals. I'll get pictures another time when I won't upset the worshippers. After a very good dinner at Blue 13, we walked over to the Taste of River North festival. It was a beautiful summer night.

JC Brooks and The Uptown Sound were playing their brand of soul and R & B. So I grabbed a Goose Island 312 beer, Deb had a glass of wine and we strolled along the river, enjoying the music, the night and spending time with an old friend. It was a great summer in the city day.



No comments:

Post a Comment